Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest kenrgardner

S70 / RADIO/CD HU1205

18 posts in this topic

Hello, sorry but my limba romana just not up to this ?  looking to put a volvo original radio / cd into my 1998 S70 Saloon. Want to know if the hu1205 can be fitted into the central dash of the S70, and  if so, what parts would i also need to complete the install ? ken in Severin. (prof.k.r.g1@gmail.com )

IMG_20170927_095149.jpg

IMG_20170927_095149.jpg

Hi

it should fit (albeit it will not look OEM due to color difference and also slightly the form). Afaik not all functions will work like light dimming for example, due to the fact that some functions are controlled over the CAN BUS which is missing in the S70. The simplest way to fit it will be using ISO Radio adapters --> 850 --> ISO and V70 2 --> ISO. I think you will also need an antenna adapter.

Also not sure if the unit has a built in amplifier. If not you will additionaly need an amplifier in order to get some sound. V70 2 amplifiers also work in the S70 with modified harness. Otherwise all 850 and S/V70 will also work.

Good luck

Cristian

Thanks Cristian, , will look for a sc816, which as i gather was the volvo fit from 1998. Not too much trouble to mod in a bluetooth and mp3 etc. Had troubles with modern radios/cd units soney and jvc- dont somehow mix with the s70 electronics-kept dragging down the vehicle battery- hence looking to a retro fit. again many thanks.

The battery problem will most likely occur because of a faulty ISO Volvo radio adapter. I've seen some of these where permanent 12v was bundled with the ignition 12v in order to permit the radio to work without the car key. This had the "nice side-effect" that also all other consumers which are connected to the same J relais had power (climate control and so on ) and this killed the battery.

The SC 816 is an US modell and black front afaik, the US models have different radio tuners which do not receive all the stations here in Europe, and also lack RDS. Other than that it should work without problems. SC 805 in grey or ar SC 901 (with additional amplifier) are maybe the best OEM solutions for Europe.

In year 2019 there are lot of movies are going to be released. Obviously, there are Avengers part 2, new Star Wars Episode IX and many others. These are movies that every kid wants to see, but sometimes you can miss it.It is where apps come in handy you can watch a movies for free. Btw, looking for the best app to watch free movies on your iOS phone? Then your should check Showbox APK. This is the most famous app today that has a big library of shows and films. This app is also available for iMac users. But your need to download it first to enjoy free shows Showbox on PC

Interested in HARD ROCK? How about KISS? They are on a tour this 2019 year all across North America. Visit KISS Cincinnati to know more about KISS concert dates in 2019.

Carrie Underwood is my favourite country singer. She is young, beautiful and charming woman in her 30s. Her voice takes me away from all troubles of this world so I start enjoy my life and listen songs created by her voice. Now she is on a Cry Pretty 360 Tour started in May of 2019. The concerts scheduled for the whole 2019, up to the 31st of October. Ticket prices are moderate and available for all men and women with different income. If you love contry music, then you must visit at least one of her concert. All tour dates are available at the Carrie Underwood tour dates. Open the website and make yourself familiar with all Carrie Underwood concerts in 2019!

Today almost every Internet user visits YT or any other video hosting to upload and watch video about cats, free films and other stuff. But sometimes you want to download a videofile and the service doesn't allow you to do so. It's where Vidmate App is coming to help you. It helps you to get a movie from may services, including Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo and many others. To perform this you simply need to find a video and click download button. Plus, Vidmate is free of charge and has user-friendly UI! Download Vidmate now and start downloading your favourite videos to share them with your friends!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0